In the book of Luke, Jesus tells his followers the parable of the Good Samaritan. In response to a question about eternal life, Jesus asks a man what is written in the law. He answers ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and love your neighbour as yourself.’ Jesus then uses the parable of the Good Samaritan to show the man who his neighbour is. He then instructs his followers to take this lead by saying ‘Go and do likewise’.
Inspired by this story, it is our vision that Moorlands Church of England Primary Academy will:
Be a place where compassion and empathy for others are placed at the core of all learning and decision making.
Meet the academic, spiritual and emotional needs of all learners through a curriculum that widens horizons and builds resilience.
Be a place where all can live in harmony, accepting each other’s differences, building belief in themselves and others.
Empower children to take responsibility within their communities and become courageous advocates for change.
By the time a child leaves Moorlands they will have had the opportunity to:
- Become a valued member of a community where they are loved and cared for
- Experience a rich, varied and exciting curriculum
- Be the best that they can be
- Make the most of their God given talents
- Celebrate success and know what it feels like to be celebrated
- Develop a curiosity for God’s creation