School Uniform Policy
We believe that school uniform is important in fostering a sense of community and belonging and are grateful for the high level of co-operation we receive from parents. Uniform helps build a feeling of unity and avoids problems created by open choice. We hope you will assist us in encouraging every child to wear uniform. Please ensure that all clothing is clearly labelled with your child’s name. The school colours are purple and black.
Uniform consists of:
- Plain white polo shirt or white shirt/blouse (this does not need to have a logo)
- Purple, long sleeved sweatshirt/cardigan (available from Harrisons Schoolwear, although does not need to have a logo)
- Short or long tailored black or charcoal grey trousers for boys. Girls may wear trousers the same colour as boys as long as they are tailored and not tight. Black knee length skirt/pinafore/culottes may also be worn. Leggings are not to be worn.
- Black shoes with low, safe heels to be worn in school, not plimsolls or trainers.
- Black or white socks
- Black tights optional for girls in winter.
During the summer term the winter uniform is acceptable but children may wish to wear
- Short sleeved open necked white shirts with a collar
- Short tailored trousers for boys or girls (school colours only and no shorts)
- Skirt or dress in purple/white pattern, purple and white checked or striped.
- No makeup or nail varnish to be worn
- Hairstyles should be moderate and colours natural
- Hair accessories should be plain
- Long hair should be tied back under certain circumstances for safety reasons, for example when taking part in PE
- Only one pair of stud earrings and a watch are allowed. Earrings must be removed or not worn for PE sessions.
Children have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of physical activities and are expected to dress appropriately as a matter of health and safety. Please ensure that all PE clothing is clearly named and in a PE bag. Clothing is as follows:
- Black PE Shorts
- House colour short sleeved polo shirt for indoor/outdoor wear.
- Trainers are required for outdoor games (pupils do not need to have black plimsolls)
- No jewellery of any description is allowed during lessons.
- Children are encouraged to wear a plain jogging/track suit when the weather is cold.
Updated Feb 2022